Recording Studio Policies & Disclaimers
POLICIES and DISCLAIMERS
- - Digital audio file storage and active file usage.
- - Disclaimers and policies.
- - Data back-up recommendations during and after sessions.
- The Digital Age
- In this age of digital recording, audio, video, and session file usage and storage have become major issues for studios and clients. Due to the unreliable nature of this digital world, "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" will not guarantee the safe use or storage of digital audio files. We strive to do our best with file manipulation and storage, but there are many things out of our control. For example there are often "bugs" in operating systems and attendant software; hardware components that suddenly become defective in hard drive power supplies and IC boards; glitches in the operations of complex computer functions, etc., that cause from time to time losses in data. Although such losses are infrequent, "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" accepts no liability for the usage or storage of any data or files.
- Digital File Storage
It is advised for every client to provide for digital file storage backups. There are several ways
to do this:
- 1. Purchase a dedicated drive that audio/video and session files may be stored on.
- 2. Bring your own clean studio compatible drive(s) to the session.
- 3. Purchase blank compact discs or DVDs from "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" for archiving any files that may have been originally stored/used on an in-house "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" drive.
- We strongly advise that you buy or provide a second drive for backing up all important files in the event the primary drive(s) in use should fail for any reason. This should be done throughout your studio session. This is similar to backing up any important data files in any business, typically on a daily or timed basis as many software programs automatically do, to hopefully be protected if anything were to happen to the primary storage or use of such data.
- Again we strongly advise you to maintain a backup storage solution for all important files. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" will not be responsible for any losses of data during use or during storage of any such files. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" recommends you instruct the recording engineer to backup your data at close intervals throughout your session to your secondary back up solution such as a second hard drive
- We advise you to then take your storage media/device(s) with you upon your departure from the studio session. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" assumes no responsibility and makes no representations either express or implied regarding safety and replacement of any hard drives, master or other audio/video files, or any type of recordings left at the studio. Again, we encourage you to take your file storage media/device(s) home with you as we do not warrant or guarantee the safety or functionality of such storage devices.
- File Transfer Time
- File transfer time is billable at set transfer rates. (HINT: Bring a fast drive.) You are advised to provide or buy a hard drive or other storage media/device and instruct us to transfer your files to it if such files were created temporarily on a "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" in-house hard drive. Please do not leave your storage device at "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" as we do not guarantee its safety.
- Please call us at 1-203-213-5479 , or contact us here for current block rates and charges. Block Rates are set on a per hour basis for all audio and video services. Our rates are reasonably affordable to work within most clients budget. as of 09/19/2022.
- Studio Setup Policies
"Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" policy for sessions and studio time is as follows:
- A) - Sessions start at the scheduled studio time.
- B) - Sessions generally end at the scheduled time.
- Please send any files that are needed for your session BEFORE your scheduled session. OR... bring a USB storage device with your files on it. If you are bringing any equipment to the studio, please make sure we are informed of this when booking your session. The engineer may also be placing microphones, setting up headphone stations, setting up the session file/s (if we have not been previously informed).
- Payment Types
- Cash, checks, money orders, wire transfers and PayPal are accepted at this time (02-08-2022).
- Production and Talent
- Cheapsk8 Studios is a professional recording studio. As such, our recording studio is not a child/pet safe environment. Please refrain from bringing young children or pets to your appointment unless said child/pet is the one performing. If your child/pet is performing, "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" MUST be informed of such at the time of booking a session. If your child/pet is performing, they MUST be FULLY supervised by an adult AT ALL TIMES.
- Payment/Booking Policies
A deposit is required to confirm all studio bookings. Such deposit shall be equal to 50%
of the cost of the total time to be booked for the session. 2 hour session minimum.
A deposit MUST be received NO LESS THAN 72 hours prior to the scheduled session time, and is refundable up to 48 hours prior to the scheduled session. ALL deposits WILL BE forfeited 47 hours and 59 minutes prior to the scheduled session date and time. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" reserves the right to waive such deposit requirement in its unfettered discretion.
Studio bookings for which NO DEPOSIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED by "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" shall be subject to change or cancellation.
Same day studio bookings WILL have and ADDITIONAL $20.00 per hour rate plus standard rates.
- Notice of a client's intent to cancel a session must be received by "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" no later than 48 hours (2 days) before such session. If notice is not received by "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC", the client shall be liable for the cost of one half of the time booked. Client's deposit as stated above may be applied by "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" in partial satisfaction of such liability. Sessions canceled the same day of the scheduled session will be liable for the total cost of the booked time.
- Half the amount of unused time booked will be charged to the client irrespective of client's failure to arrive for a session on time, or in the event that the client must leave the session early, or if the session is completed before the booked time has expired.
- Payment in full for materials and fees is due and payable immediately following each session. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" reserves the right to make other financial arrangements with its clients. Client(s) will pay all "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" attorney's fees associated with financial collection processes for any and/or all services rendered by "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" and/or materials purchased for said booking.
- No audio/video and/or session files recorded at "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" shall be released to clients until all open accounts have been settled and all checks tendered as payment have cleared "Cheapsk8 Studios LLC's" account.
- Clients assume all risks associated with storing, on or off the premises of "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC", or "Cheapsk8 Studios LLC's" use of, any and all sound recordings, video recordings, digital data in any storage format including but not limited to audio, video, SMPTE, midi, or other file types, or equipment of any kind or nature and shall hold "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" harmless from any and all damage that might occur to said articles for any reason. In any event, "Cheapsk8 Studios LLC's" liability shall be limited to the replacement cost of an unrecorded media device or hard drive of comparable value. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC"s liability with respect to "downtime" of any and all studio sessions as a result from equipment malfunction or availability, personnel, hired musicians, acts of nature or public utility companies, etc., shall be limited solely to the studio time of such booked session; and client(s) agree to hold "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" harmless from any and all damages from such "downtime".
- "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" makes no warranties either express or implied other than those contained herein. "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" shall not be liable for unforeseen of consequential damages of any kind. Should "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" be unable to conduct a booked session for any reason, then "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" warrants that it shall re-book such canceled booking at another time that is mutually available to "Cheapsk8 Studios, LLC" and the client, or refund their deposit if requested.
- NO alcohol, weapons, or drugs! Alcohol, weapons and/or drugs ARE NOT permitted on the property or in the building!
- Rates, policies, and equipment may change without displayed, written or verbal notice.
- Thank you
- Effective as of 09/19/2022